Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Facetime icon not available in some contacts

My dad got a new iPad and called me through FaceTime. When I go to contacts, there is no FaceTime option to call him, and the video button is greyed out. I am able to go straight to the FaceTime app and call him back by clicking on his name, but I want to be able to FaceTime him through contacts.

My dad FaceTimed my husband. My husband’s contact for my dad, which I airdropped to him, has the FaceTime options in his contacts.

What the heck?

Posted on Jan 3, 2019 8:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2019 4:21 AM

Hi, I'm having the same issue with my sons ID. Both my children have FaceTime set up on their iPads, they can contact me ok and I can FaceTime them back using the App via the history. But if I go to my contacts and select my son, FaceTime is not available. If I go to my daughters it is? Both settings are the same, and both are a email contact only. Looking on my Mac this is the same and looking at my daughters iPad at her brothers it shows the same. So I'm guessing it must have something to do with his settings.

His iPad is an iPad Air running 12.1.1 and hers is a little older and running 10.3.3. Both their apple id's are children's ones so I was wondering if this has something to do with it???? But like I say hers is running fine.

So far I have read and tried most things online;

• Turned FaceTime on/off on both devices
  • Logged out/on FaceTime on both devices
  • Checked email address is ok
  • Logged out/in to iCloud
  • Reset all settings
  • Restarted both devices

Any help or further suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 12, 2019 4:21 AM in response to IdrisSeabright

Hi, I'm having the same issue with my sons ID. Both my children have FaceTime set up on their iPads, they can contact me ok and I can FaceTime them back using the App via the history. But if I go to my contacts and select my son, FaceTime is not available. If I go to my daughters it is? Both settings are the same, and both are a email contact only. Looking on my Mac this is the same and looking at my daughters iPad at her brothers it shows the same. So I'm guessing it must have something to do with his settings.

His iPad is an iPad Air running 12.1.1 and hers is a little older and running 10.3.3. Both their apple id's are children's ones so I was wondering if this has something to do with it???? But like I say hers is running fine.

So far I have read and tried most things online;

• Turned FaceTime on/off on both devices
  • Logged out/on FaceTime on both devices
  • Checked email address is ok
  • Logged out/in to iCloud
  • Reset all settings
  • Restarted both devices

Any help or further suggestions would be greatly appreciated!!

Facetime icon not available in some contacts

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.