Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I turn off touch ID permanently so my kids can't rack up any more purchases?

My 10 year old has figured out how to turn touch ID back on. Now he's downloading expenses apps again. Is there a way of removing touch ID from the IPad permanently?

Posted on Jan 3, 2019 10:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 4, 2019 5:11 AM

You can turn off the ability to purchase with touch ID

Use Touch ID on iPhone and iPad - Apple Support

You could also consider buying a iTunes gift card and using that instead of your credit card, then if he does manage to purchase things he can only do so much before he runs out of store credit

Change or remove your Apple ID payment information - Apple Support

You can also use screen time to lock out the ability to purchase

Use Screen Time to prevent purchasing on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 4, 2019 5:11 AM in response to FrustratedMummy

You can turn off the ability to purchase with touch ID

Use Touch ID on iPhone and iPad - Apple Support

You could also consider buying a iTunes gift card and using that instead of your credit card, then if he does manage to purchase things he can only do so much before he runs out of store credit

Change or remove your Apple ID payment information - Apple Support

You can also use screen time to lock out the ability to purchase

Use Screen Time to prevent purchasing on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

How do I turn off touch ID permanently so my kids can't rack up any more purchases?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.