Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music app crashes on Apple tv when selecting specific albums

Hello

My Apple tv has until recently worked fine, but today it started crashing when I select specific albums. There doesn't seem to be a pattern in which of the albums it is, but it's only new albums. I have attached a video of it. I'm Danish so my Apple tv is also in Danish, but the menu I'm in is the "Recently added".

I have tried closing the app in the multitasking window, deleting and adding the album as well as pulling the plug of the Apple tv but nothing seems to work. I really hope some of you know a fix.

Sincerely,

Emil

Apple TV (4th generation)

Posted on Jan 4, 2019 12:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2019 2:36 PM

Hi MoonJ

Thanks for you answer!

I only tried signing out of iCloud but obviously I needed to sign out of iTunes and AppStore. After signing out I restarted the Apple TV and voila: It worked again (propably because it had to reload the entire library).

Thank you very much! 😊

4 replies

Jan 6, 2019 11:09 AM in response to emilblicher

Hi emilblicher,

Thanks for the post in Apple Support Communities.

I see you've been running into an issue with the Music app. When it quits out, do you receive any error messages? Or does it seem to just take you back to your Home screen?

Have you checked for any tvOS updates? Update the software on your Apple TV.

If you're updated, I recommend signing out and back in next. To do this, click Settings > Accounts > iTunes & App Store. Then, sign out and back in with your Apple ID.

I hope this helps!

Cheers.

Music app crashes on Apple tv when selecting specific albums

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.