You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Epson Driver Update from Apple Inc

The dock on my MacBook air occasionally shows that an update is available for my Epson printer. See copy and paste of screen below (which looks too small to read to me). In plain English, where do I find the update? I can't see it in the Apple site. Previous answers have told me to go to Epson, the English site, and update from there, but it is gobbledegook to me. I need to be taken to the exact place but this does not happen, so I can never update. It's darned annoying for Apple to be so vague.

The first line right of the logo: 'New software is available'.

Blue line reads: 'Epson Driver and Utilities'.

Bottom of screen reads: 'On OS X v10.6 and later, the latest driver is distributed via Apple Inc.’s Software Update'.

Posted on Jan 4, 2019 3:36 PM

Similar questions

4 replies

Jan 4, 2019 8:57 PM in response to jdhelp

If you gave us the exact model of Epson printer you are using and the Mac operating system you are on then we may be able to help you more precisely. firstly here is a link to the Epson Support page, https://www.epson.co.uk/support There is a button for Product Support or just enter your model number or name in the search box.

Have you opened the App Store Updates page to see if anything for your printer is available there.

From the Apple Support Downloads site I could only find this for Epson printers which was released in July 2017.

Epson Printer Drivers v3.3 for OS X

If you think it might be relevant then download it and double-click to install.

If you want to provide more details please do.

Epson Driver Update from Apple Inc

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.