Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6s Plus overheating

So basically my phone around the camera area overheats to the point where it comes with that temperature warning. When I leave it alone for a little while it tends to cool down but whenever I go back on to it, even if its just on the lock/home screen, it begins to heat up again.

It definitely isn't the battery as I had it replaced at Apple a couple months ago (and the fact that it isn't heating up around the battery area). Although, my screen is cracked and is missing a small piece of glass at the front around where the camera is. I was thinking that something could have possibly fallen into that area or was heat damaged at the beach a couple days ago (even though I had it covered the whole time). The flash is also not working.

I have tried restarting it and closing down all the apps but nothing has improved.

If you have any idea what could possibly be going on, please suggest some ideas.

I'm hoping its repairable as I don't really want to go out and buy a new phone

Thanks!

iPhone 6s Plus

Posted on Jan 5, 2019 1:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2019 3:59 PM

Greetings teagan01,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities! I understand your iPhone exceeds normal operating temperatures, as you mentioned you see a temperature warning display on your device. Additionally, you mentioned it appears the warmth is coming from the camera area.

The following support article provides helpful information for keeping an iPhone within acceptable operating temperatures: Keeping iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch within acceptable operating temperatures

Since you mentioned the iPhone has damage, I suggest having the iPhone serviced. You can see how to service the iPhone from the following guide: Get your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch ready for service

Cheers.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 6, 2019 3:59 PM in response to teagan01

Greetings teagan01,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities! I understand your iPhone exceeds normal operating temperatures, as you mentioned you see a temperature warning display on your device. Additionally, you mentioned it appears the warmth is coming from the camera area.

The following support article provides helpful information for keeping an iPhone within acceptable operating temperatures: Keeping iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch within acceptable operating temperatures

Since you mentioned the iPhone has damage, I suggest having the iPhone serviced. You can see how to service the iPhone from the following guide: Get your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch ready for service

Cheers.

iPhone 6s Plus overheating

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.