Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it bad to charge your Apple Watch a lot?

I like to sleep with my Apple Watch on so before bed, when it’s still at like 65%, I change it all the way up. In the morning I do the same. Is this bad to do this with your watch. Also, would it be bad to do this with my iPhone 8? Thanks!

Apple Watch

Posted on Jan 5, 2019 8:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2019 3:11 AM

All Apple devices use lithium batteries which control their charging to shut off when the battery is fully charged. Your iPhone and Apple Watch will not be damaged by charging at any battery state, and a full top-up ensures you begin the next day with maximum readiness and battery duration. In fact the most damage to lithium battery capacity is likely to be caused by running the battery to very low levels, so you are enabling best possible life by keeping the battery well charged when possible.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 6, 2019 3:11 AM in response to payton1203

All Apple devices use lithium batteries which control their charging to shut off when the battery is fully charged. Your iPhone and Apple Watch will not be damaged by charging at any battery state, and a full top-up ensures you begin the next day with maximum readiness and battery duration. In fact the most damage to lithium battery capacity is likely to be caused by running the battery to very low levels, so you are enabling best possible life by keeping the battery well charged when possible.

Is it bad to charge your Apple Watch a lot?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.