Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch battery drained 50% overnight after fully recharhed

What is happening?

Posted on Jan 6, 2019 9:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2019 6:38 AM

Hello Itsmissyo_o,

Thanks for that follow-up. It sounds like a possibility that the issue you're seeing is related to the battery issue you mentioned earlier. If you're seeing that the Apple Watch is restarting after you've unpaired and re-paired it, I recommend that you Contact Apple Support to look at next steps.

Cheers!

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 14, 2019 6:38 AM in response to Itsmissyo_o

Hello Itsmissyo_o,

Thanks for that follow-up. It sounds like a possibility that the issue you're seeing is related to the battery issue you mentioned earlier. If you're seeing that the Apple Watch is restarting after you've unpaired and re-paired it, I recommend that you Contact Apple Support to look at next steps.

Cheers!

Jan 7, 2019 3:14 PM in response to Itsmissyo_o

Hi Itsmissyo_o,

​Thank you for posting about your Apple Watch battery in the Apple Support Communities.

To clarify, was your Apple Watch on the charger overnight and you found it was on 50% in the morning? Or was it charged fully and then removed from the charger overnight, then showing 50% in the morning?

If the Watch was on your charger overnight, I recommend starting here to make sure the Apple Watch is charging as expected: If your Apple Watch won't charge or it won't turn on.

On the other hand, if the issue is with the drain of your battery when not on the charger, there are a few things you can try. Reviewing your usage is a great start, and this should help you identify where the battery power was used. To do this, open the Apple Watch app on your paired iPhone. Then tap My Watch > General > Usage. This is referenced in the link below; I recommend taking a look at the other information in this link as it covers a number of ways you can improve the battery life on your Apple Watch if needed: Maximizing Battery Life and Lifespan.

I hope this helps you. Have a wonderful day.

Jan 14, 2019 3:44 AM in response to chuck_3rd

End of the day, I charged my watch to 100% and remove from charger. Keep it on over night, it drained to 50% just to keep it on. But, I read other post which is reset the watch, turn it off, unpair it from my phone. Recharge it for few hours, it fixed!!

However, another issue came up now. Everyday, almost the same time like after 2PM pacific time, it will just turnoff (black screen with white Apple) few times and turn it back on it’s own? What is that?

Apple Watch battery drained 50% overnight after fully recharhed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.