Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMAC 2017 acting as a display?

Is it really true that iMac 2017 will Not Enter Target Display Mode?? If so I need to return it.

Posted on Jan 6, 2019 3:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 6, 2019 7:09 PM

Not sure that was very helpful. Last time I tried was for my 2010 21" inch iMAC (that still works). In that case it didn't work because it only worked on the 27" models in 2010. So I skipped 8 years and missed that they had target display mode for 4 years and dropped it in 2014. Funny, that neither person that I asked in an Apple Store today didn't know that it was dropped and they sold me a thunderbolt cable to hook them up.

So pretty dismayed to find out that it is no longer supported. The iMAC is now back in the box.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 6, 2019 7:09 PM in response to rkaufmann87

Not sure that was very helpful. Last time I tried was for my 2010 21" inch iMAC (that still works). In that case it didn't work because it only worked on the 27" models in 2010. So I skipped 8 years and missed that they had target display mode for 4 years and dropped it in 2014. Funny, that neither person that I asked in an Apple Store today didn't know that it was dropped and they sold me a thunderbolt cable to hook them up.

So pretty dismayed to find out that it is no longer supported. The iMAC is now back in the box.

iMAC 2017 acting as a display?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.