Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Low WiFi speed on/after low power mode?

I’ve just bought new iPhone XS, and been using it for couple days already.

I think I have some issues with WiFi speed but not sure why.

I noticed that applications are downloading from AppStore extremely slow. Every time I try to download same app it takes forever. Sometimes it even stops download for few minutes.

When I switch to 4G download it works much faster.

My home network is good. Top speed is about 70mbps. Network is 5ghz.

I took my iPad with same iOS version connected to same WiFi network to check download time of same app - muuuuch faster.

Then I took my wife’s iPhone (absolutely same but different color). Tested same app download on same WiFi - muuuuch faster.

i tried to reset network settings on my iPhone - didn’t help.

then I noticed the difference between my wifre’s phone and mine - I got Low power mode enabled. Turned it off - didn’t help.

but then I turned on airplane mode and turned off after few seconds. (The phone was not in low power mode). Tried to download same app again - it downloaded much faster.

turned on low power mode, redownload app - slow again. Turn off low power mode, turn on and off airplane mode, redownload app - faster.

tried same steps with my wife’s phone - fast download all the time...

so slow WiFi is noticeable not only on the App Store, but even on messengers - previews are loading for a long time. I try app download just to check differences between devices/download attempts.

My home network works good, I’m sure about that. The problem is with concrete device or with all iPhones XS running under latest iOS...

what should I do?

iPhone XS

Posted on Jan 6, 2019 8:46 PM

Similar questions

2 replies

Jan 6, 2019 8:55 PM in response to SravanKrA

As I said I tried it with different devices connected to same WiFi network - for all of them everything is ok.

I found news that after new iPhone release lot of people had issues with WiFi and even LTE speed, but couldn’t find any info if it was a hardware or sowftware issue and if it was fixed or not. There was lot of things to try - factory reset, network reset, device reboot... I don’t wanna do factory reset, but I tried all of other suggestions and it didn’t help

Low WiFi speed on/after low power mode?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.