Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how long does it take to restore iphone 7?

I have to restore my iphone after the screen broke and it blocked me out because it kept entering the password incorrectly on its own when the screen broke. I have been trying for a few hours to restore/reset my ipone 7 to factory settings but it doesnt seem to be doing anything when it starts "extracting software." I'm curious if this can take a long time?

I have downloaded the latest iTunes as well.

I have updated the iphone to the latest IOS and clicked restore on itunes when prompted but after a while it doesnt really do much when it starts "extracting software." My screen then comes up with an error saying:

"iTunes could not connect to this iPhone. An unknown error occured (0xE8000015)."

When i click OK, iTunes sayes it is still extracting software but my iPhone goes back to the homescreen saying "iPhone is disabled, connect to iTunes"

iPhone 7

Posted on Jan 7, 2019 5:48 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Jan 8, 2019 9:19 AM in response to tomfromlaurencekirk

Hey tomfromlaurencekirk,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities. Based on the error message you've received, it sounds like iTunes is having a hard time recognizing your device. I know how inconvenient this can be when you need to restore your iPhone but I'd like to help. Take a look at this link here to help get this resolved.

If iTunes doesn't recognize your iPhone, iPad, or iPod

Take care.

how long does it take to restore iphone 7?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.