Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using Macbook Pro, cannot login to either Facetime or iMessage, yet I can login to Apple Store, ID mgr, etc

I am running the latest OS. I have tried rebooting. I have these two Apple products that for the life of me, I cannot log into even though I can readily log into the Apple Store, iCloud, the Apple ID manager, etc. Any ideas on what I might be able to do to gain access to these two products?

Posted on Jan 8, 2019 5:55 AM

3 replies

Jan 9, 2019 1:08 PM in response to deryckj

Hello and welcome to Apple Support Communities deryckj,

I see that you're unable to sign into iMessage or FaceTime on your MacBook Pro. I use both of those features on my devices all time, so I understand your concern, and I'd be happy to help.

Take a look at the following article with some steps that can help get you signed in. Go through each step and then test to see if the issue remains.

If you can't sign in to your iMessage account or FaceTime on your Mac

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Enjoy your day!

Jan 10, 2019 2:17 PM in response to Moozito

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

Initially, I attempted all of those solutions and nothing worked. Finally, I just turned off the computer. After a bit, I thought I’d try again. I called Apple Support and not knowing I had just recently power-cycled it, they had me do a restart and everything worked.

My guess, new computer, something went amiss with the port or more likel, something went amiss with me. Lol

Using Macbook Pro, cannot login to either Facetime or iMessage, yet I can login to Apple Store, ID mgr, etc

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.