Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't Change Country/Region

Hi Guys,

Please help, I can't seem to change the Country/Region on my iPhone. I used to live in the States and my Apple ID was connected to a US card. That was a year ago now I live in South Africa and the US credit card has insufficient funds. I'm trying to change the credit card to a South African credit card but I can't change the Country/Region.

How can I fix this?

Best,

Nkuli

iPhone XS

Posted on Jan 9, 2019 2:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 9, 2019 7:55 AM

If necessary, contact iTunes Support. Either use the form or scroll to the bottom of the page in the 2nd link. Follow through the screens to get a chat or telephone option. 

iTunes Support

iTunes Support – world wide

2 replies

Jan 9, 2019 2:57 AM in response to nkuli1989

the issue with changing the country might happen for multiple reasons :

• You can check all the details : https://support.apple.com/en-ae/HT201389

1. Spend any store credit remaining on your Apple ID. You must also wait for any pending store credit refunds to process before you can change your country or region. Learn what to do if your remaining store credit is less than the cost of a single item.
  2. Cancel any subscriptions, including Apple Music, and wait until the end of the subscription period to change your country or region. You'll also have to wait for any memberships, pre-ordersiTunes movie rentals, or Season Passes to complete.
  3. Have a payment method for your new country or region on hand. For example, German credit cards can be used to buy content from only the German App Store, iTunes Store, or Apple Books.

Can't Change Country/Region

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.