Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Arrangement Tab missing on Display

Arrangement Tab is missing on Display, can't add extra external monitor to my Mac Air.

MacBook Air (2018 or later)

Posted on Jan 10, 2019 10:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2019 8:21 AM

Hello Consult58, 

Thanks for reaching out! I love getting to use an external monitor with my MacBook Air. I know when I can’t see the Arrangement tab in System Preferences > Display this tells me that my MacBook Air is not recognizing my external monitor. You are likely using an adapter with your MacBook Air. The type of adapter you’re using depends on which model of MacBook Air you have. Follow these steps: 

1 - Determine which model of MacBook Air you have: Identify your MacBook Air model

2 - Use the Technical Specifications page for your model MacBook Air to determine the type of adapter you need to connect your external display. 

3 - Check out this page for help with the different types of Adapters:  Apple video adapters and cables.

4 - Once you're certain that the adapter is correct for your MacBook Air, try restarting it by going to the Apple Menu (top left corner) > Restart.

For more help using the external monitor with your Mac: Use external monitors with your Mac.

Let us know what happens, and have a great day! 

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 12, 2019 8:21 AM in response to Consult58

Hello Consult58, 

Thanks for reaching out! I love getting to use an external monitor with my MacBook Air. I know when I can’t see the Arrangement tab in System Preferences > Display this tells me that my MacBook Air is not recognizing my external monitor. You are likely using an adapter with your MacBook Air. The type of adapter you’re using depends on which model of MacBook Air you have. Follow these steps: 

1 - Determine which model of MacBook Air you have: Identify your MacBook Air model

2 - Use the Technical Specifications page for your model MacBook Air to determine the type of adapter you need to connect your external display. 

3 - Check out this page for help with the different types of Adapters:  Apple video adapters and cables.

4 - Once you're certain that the adapter is correct for your MacBook Air, try restarting it by going to the Apple Menu (top left corner) > Restart.

For more help using the external monitor with your Mac: Use external monitors with your Mac.

Let us know what happens, and have a great day! 

Arrangement Tab missing on Display

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.