Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Compressor 4. What Does a Grey Down Arrow Mean?

I prefer to send projects from FCPX ver. 10.4.4 to Compressor 4.4.3 for rendering. I prefer to use adjustment layers created in Motion to contain any effects. Frequently, I get a large grey box that contains a down arrow (see attached) prior to selecting Start Batch. This grey box then shows up as a single frame at the beginning of each video. Things that will cause the grey box are the following:

• More than 3 effects in an adjustment layer.
  • More than one adjustment layer.

Rendering projects directly from FCPX do not result in the grey box. Also, I if I use the same effects without an adjustment layer I do not the get the grey box. I suspect there is an issue with the adjustment layers created in Motion. I have confirmed that the adjustment layers have the same attributes as the base video, i.e. video type, frame rate, aspect ratio of the pixels.

I have been stumped with this for several weeks and have no idea what grey box means and what to try next.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Don Barar

Posted on Jan 10, 2019 10:07 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Compressor 4. What Does a Grey Down Arrow Mean?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.