Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can’t play music on car stereo

I’ve just upgraded to an iPhone XS from the iPhone 7. I managed to pair the new phone with my car via blue tooth and can receive and make calls but can’t play any of the music like I did with the iPhone 7. It’s driving me nuts. Is there a simple solution to this?

iPhone XS

Posted on Jan 11, 2019 3:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 11, 2019 4:10 AM

Try removing the “connection” from both your iPhone Settings and your vehicles display system, for the iPhone go to Settings/Bluetooth and tap on the “i”, then “Forget this Device”, once done reboot the iPhone. For your vehicle see the user manual, it will probably be under audio or music settings, then delete any reference to your iPhone and any other previous one if listed.

Then repair your Xs but try and follow your vehicle instructions if possible (and available), if you haven’t got that to hand go to the manufacturer web site and search for the help article. I’m probably stating the obvious but we all believe that we can do things like this without consulting a manual, but I’ve often been caught out by not reading through the instructions, the result a missed tick box or setting that prevented full operation.

Anyhow, hopefully the new pairing might sort the issue out, it’s certainly worth a try.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 11, 2019 4:10 AM in response to nzzulu1

Try removing the “connection” from both your iPhone Settings and your vehicles display system, for the iPhone go to Settings/Bluetooth and tap on the “i”, then “Forget this Device”, once done reboot the iPhone. For your vehicle see the user manual, it will probably be under audio or music settings, then delete any reference to your iPhone and any other previous one if listed.

Then repair your Xs but try and follow your vehicle instructions if possible (and available), if you haven’t got that to hand go to the manufacturer web site and search for the help article. I’m probably stating the obvious but we all believe that we can do things like this without consulting a manual, but I’ve often been caught out by not reading through the instructions, the result a missed tick box or setting that prevented full operation.

Anyhow, hopefully the new pairing might sort the issue out, it’s certainly worth a try.

Can’t play music on car stereo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.