Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cricut expression 2 usb

Having trouble with getting my Mac to recognize the USB from my cricut expression 2

Posted on Jan 11, 2019 10:31 AM

2 replies

Jan 11, 2019 11:17 AM in response to ALW80

maybe I can help you, ALW80. Apparently, you do need to download "design space" software for it, and get an Online ID going for it as well. Oh and "Cricut Sync" won't work either. using your web browser go to design.cricut.com, and you'll need OS 10.11 or later. If it shows up as a printer, you could go to print and fax under System Preferences and option click on the Plus sign at the bottom, and "reset printing system" should show up. failing that, zap pram and reset the SMC/PMU on your MacBook Pro, then power down the cricut, unplug the power cord for a bit, wait, plug in the power cord, wait until your MacBook Pro has restarted, then plug in the USB cable and see if it's recognized.

or...maybe not...... methinks there's a few "bugs" in there somewhere.....

<sorry, I had to say that>

JB

Jan 11, 2019 12:07 PM in response to Johnb-one

Thank you so much for the reply. I ended up contacting Cricut and apparently their “Expression” line doesn’t work with the computer any longer. The program doesn’t support it and it is now a stand alone piece.

Its sad. I had downloaded the program and designed something ready to print and that’s when I discovered I couldn’t.

cricut expression 2 usb

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.