Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhoto on Apple TV (4) without key photos for events and/or faces ??

hi, I'm still running my iPhoto (9.6.1) on Mojave 10.14.2 (all local, no iCloud active). I'm facing the following problem:

If I access my my shared iPhoto library on my Apple TV (gen 4, latest tvOS12) all events are showing a grey, empty key photo on the overview. Going into the event, all is fine, pictures are shown. Same for my tagged faces. Only the name is displayed, but the little key photo is not shown as well. I already tried all the possible repair functions in iPhoto (CMD+ALT) but without any success. going back to factory settings on the Apple Tv didn't fix the problem as well.

Any ideas? Any hidden file in iPhoto that's needs a rebuild ?

Tks

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Jan 12, 2019 12:24 AM

Similar questions

3 replies

Jan 14, 2019 6:43 AM in response to Stephan_Marx

Hi Stephan_Marx,

Thanks for the post in Apple Support Communities. I see you're running into an issue with an older version of iPhoto and an Apple TV.

Do you see the key photos as expected in the iPhoto app on your Mac?

Does it help if you restart the Mac by clicking Apple menu () > Restart?

Knowing that the issue persists after you restored the Apple TV does help rule out a few causes, and it's possibly that the older software is a factor. The best way to test is to create a temporary administrator account on your Mac to see if you can replicate the behavior there (you may need to move a few photos to the new user account for the testing). Here's How to test an issue in another user account on your Mac. The results of this will tell you if you have a system-wide issue, or if it might be user account-specific. You'll find additional steps to try in the link above, depending on your results.

I hope this helps get you started.

Cheers!

Jan 14, 2019 9:19 AM in response to brenden dv

hi, Thank you for that idea. Just to add. All fine on my Mac with iPhoto. Events, Faces,.. are all shown a key photo and I can swap the photo to a different one w/o any problem. several re-boots did not help.. creating a new empty iPhoto library as well w/o success.

On your suggestion to test with a new account. Nothing changed, events and faces are on the apple tv w/o a key photo (only this grey default picture), the folder import and last import shows a real imported photo..

Any other idea?

Tks Stephan

iPhoto on Apple TV (4) without key photos for events and/or faces ??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.