Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Suddenly lost access to thread

I was responding to a user named "suf208" on a thread titled "system prefrences" (sic) when Apple locked me out of the thread.

I clicked the link in my email to reply to the latest posting, and was told:

"Access Denied

Access to this place or content is restricted. If you think this is a mistake, please contact your administrator or the person who directed you here.

Please visit the main page of Apple Support Communities for links to discussion areas."

Here is the link I followed:

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/250078761?answerId=250140178022#250140178022

Any idea what happened?

Posted on Jan 12, 2019 7:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2019 11:20 AM

If it was a glitch, I wish there was a way to get hold of the OP and follow up. I hope they realize the post has disappeared, and it isn't Theoden dropping off the map on them!

That is very considerate of you. I am told that, on having a post removed, the offending poster gets an robo e-mail from the Hosts explaining, at least in general and within the confines of an automated system, why the post was removed. If you were helping the OP then they know they were zapped and have a rough idea why. If you were helping someone else in that thread, then there is not much anyone can do.

The big problem we all face is that people tag on to someone else's with a "me too" or "exact same problem" comment. You have reporting privileges now--you can request the Hosts to make a tag-on a new thread in the same forum, then help that person. I do it this way:

I do it all the time. The person you are helping becomes the OP and will get the dreaded e-mail if the post is later sent to the virtual dustbin.

Hang in there! You are doing fine!

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 12, 2019 11:20 AM in response to Theoden_King

If it was a glitch, I wish there was a way to get hold of the OP and follow up. I hope they realize the post has disappeared, and it isn't Theoden dropping off the map on them!

That is very considerate of you. I am told that, on having a post removed, the offending poster gets an robo e-mail from the Hosts explaining, at least in general and within the confines of an automated system, why the post was removed. If you were helping the OP then they know they were zapped and have a rough idea why. If you were helping someone else in that thread, then there is not much anyone can do.

The big problem we all face is that people tag on to someone else's with a "me too" or "exact same problem" comment. You have reporting privileges now--you can request the Hosts to make a tag-on a new thread in the same forum, then help that person. I do it this way:

I do it all the time. The person you are helping becomes the OP and will get the dreaded e-mail if the post is later sent to the virtual dustbin.

Hang in there! You are doing fine!

Suddenly lost access to thread

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.