Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable To View Passwords In Keychain

When attempting to get an password from Keychain, the pop-op box prompts for a password (there is not one on this particular computer) so I just hit OK. The box goes away and the window that should show the password flashes but does not allow the password to be viewed. I contacted Apple Support and they stated the only way to resolve this is to totally wipe Keychain and start over - seeing as there are over 180 items here, I'd love to avoid that at all costs.

Any advise you can offer is greatly appreciated.

Mac OS High Sierra 10.13.6

Keychain Version 10.0

Posted on Jan 12, 2019 8:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 12, 2019 8:56 PM

You don't have a user password? Can you go to System Preferences/Users & Groups, select your account, and reset the password. That should reset the keychain password. If necessary

User Password Reset

User Password Reset (2)

Similar questions

5 replies

Jan 12, 2019 10:54 PM in response to apple_Addict92

• If you are unable to view wi fi password in keychain access .

Click on Go > Go To folder & type ~/Library > preferences : remove com.apple.keychainaccess.plist and find a first folder By hosts ( select the contents of it ) and move to the trash - junk files related to network are removed . Restart the Mac & empty the trash .

You can consult this for apple support senior advisors see the link https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201232

Unable To View Passwords In Keychain

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.