Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Direct TV app not working on Macbook Pro ... anybody?

While Direct TV markets this capability and their site states:

Watch on a Mac

1. Click a movie or show you want to watch and follow the prompts to watch online.
  2. If prompted, select Install DIRECTV Player.
  3. Find the DIRECTV_Player.dmg file in your Downloads folder and open it.
  4. Double-click DIRECTV_Player.pkg to start installation.
  5. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete installation. If you don’t have the latest version of Adobe Flash, the installer will install it too.
  6. When installation is complete, your browser will refresh and your program will begin.

When I actually attempt to watch online all I get is: "Sorry we ran into a problem. Please restart the video player" However when I click on it to restart it, it just loops me back to the exact same dialogue. VERY FRUSTRATING dealing with yet another TV service provider that resists supplying ANY form of customer service. Anyone?

MacBook Air (2018 or later)

Posted on Jan 12, 2019 9:26 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 14, 2019 3:57 PM

Hey there, twmissmt,

Thanks for stopping by the Apple Support Communities. If I understand your post, you're having some trouble getting the DirectTV app to work on your Mac. I'm happy to provide you with some information.

After reviewing DirectTV's instructions here: Watch DIRECTV on Your Computer - DIRECTV Support, it looks like you do not need a special app if you have OS X 10.8 Yosemite or later. Instead, DirectTV instructs you to visit their website and sign in with your DirectTV username and password: Stream TV & Movies Online + On Demand | DIRECTV.

Have a good day.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 14, 2019 3:57 PM in response to twmissmt

Hey there, twmissmt,

Thanks for stopping by the Apple Support Communities. If I understand your post, you're having some trouble getting the DirectTV app to work on your Mac. I'm happy to provide you with some information.

After reviewing DirectTV's instructions here: Watch DIRECTV on Your Computer - DIRECTV Support, it looks like you do not need a special app if you have OS X 10.8 Yosemite or later. Instead, DirectTV instructs you to visit their website and sign in with your DirectTV username and password: Stream TV & Movies Online + On Demand | DIRECTV.

Have a good day.

Direct TV app not working on Macbook Pro ... anybody?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.