Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

GAVE DAUGHTER ONE OF MY IPADS, HOW DOES SHE PERSONALIZE AND MAKE IT HER OWN?

I WANT TO TAKE MY PERSONAL INFORMATION OFF THE COMPUTER I GAVE TO HER, SO THAT SHE CAN MAKE IT HERS.

HOW CAN THIS BE DONE? DOES SHE HAVE TO RESET IT? DOES SHE HAVE TO CALL APPLE SUPPORT?

DO I HAVE TO CALL APPLE? DO I HAVE TO FIND THE IPAD NUMBER ON MY COMPUTER AND DELETE IT FROM MY OTHER IPADS?

WHAT??????????

Posted on Jan 13, 2019 7:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 13, 2019 7:12 AM

No need to shout. Start here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201351

3 replies

Jan 13, 2019 10:43 AM in response to kb1951

After giving my daughter the phone, I tried to Chat with Apple before going to my Apple Account and REMOVING THE IPAD FROM THE ACCOUNT, USING THE SERIAL NUMBER OF THE IPAD. I WAS UNABLE TO CONSULT WITH SOMEONE FROM APPLE.

I REMOVED THE IPAD AND IT IS STILL SHOWING THAT I AM THE OWNER. I HAVE RESET IT, BUT IT IS STILL SHOWING THAT I AM THE OWNER. WHAT GOOD IS IT TO REMOVE FROM YOUR ACCOUNT IF IT DOES NOT WORK?

GAVE DAUGHTER ONE OF MY IPADS, HOW DOES SHE PERSONALIZE AND MAKE IT HER OWN?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.