Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail attachments in pdf no more not accessible

Since some days, I cannot open mail attachments pdf. They are found e.g. by Houdaspot, can be read in full length, but cannot be opened by any suitable app (Acrobat Pro, Acrobat Reader, Photoshop CS 6, Word 2016, Safari oder Firefox.

Since all of them open any other pdf on the same computer, something must have removed permissions for the mail attachments. Please help.

Thanks for all help.

Mac Pro

Posted on Jan 13, 2019 9:12 AM

10 replies

Jan 16, 2019 1:38 AM in response to BDAqua

Thanks. I did it. There seems to be important events at least five times a second. And most of them are Error Code # -67062. Nobody seems to know what it is and how to stop it. After clearing all, the records started that fast that the first displayed number was 2.345. In about 10 seconds, I had 23.456.

The new list consists of 90% error 67062. But my system runs stable for weeks before something unusual appears.

Jan 16, 2019 9:23 AM in response to BDAqua

It is really bizarre because seconds after booting the machine you get some thousand messages and long lists of the same error not known to most of th people. Even in the Internet, you cannot find too many places dealing with this error.

I think this is what Apple people call undocumented features.

The issue with pdfs not accessible but existing and readable seems to exist in the MS realm, too. I read the stuff with the help of Houdaspot that can access about 64 meta data on each object. It shows the entire path to find it.

Jan 22, 2019 4:37 AM in response to BDAqua

Thanks. This was it. My last attempt had not activated the recovery mode. This time, it took a couple of hours to convince the system to boot in Recovery mode. It looked dead until I decided not to touch it for an hour.

May be this info is useful for others: SIP is responsible for some odd effects. E.g., all of a sudden, I was not able to save on a server or create a folder. I am the Admin of that server, and all actions went well on the second drive of it but not on the boot drive. I also had issues with access from my PB to my main computer. But it did work the other way round. But both machines have the same OS and the same Admin.

The issue with no access to Mail attachments in pdf is also odd because I had access to other attachments. Two apps would show the content of a pdf - file, I was able to copy that and find the original. Only opening had been disabled.

Thanks again, also because this advice was not found after some weeks of search.

Mail attachments in pdf no more not accessible

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.