Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music with Alexa

I have a few Sonos speakers, 4 with built in Alexa. Apple Music is not yet enabled to be used with Alexa, but I’ve read online in numerous places that Apple and Amazon had drawn up a deal where Apple would allow Amazon to use Apple Music with Alexa and Amazon would stop unauthorised sellers selling Apple products.

I want to know if this is going to happen any time soon, as it’s says online it was meant to be happening in December (obviously I can’t believe everything I read online). I’ve waited, but nothing. So I’m about to cancel my Apple Music subscription and get Spotify, thought I’d just double check though before I have to rebuild my whole music library. TIA.

Posted on Jan 14, 2019 1:18 PM

2 replies

Jan 15, 2019 7:12 AM in response to Popted

I want to know if this is going to happen any time soon, as it’s says online it was meant to be happening in December

Apple Music will work with Amazon's own speakers. As to when/if it will work with third party speakers that use Alexa, only Apple and Amazon would know the answer to that. The Terms of Use of these forums prohibit us from speculation about Apple's future plans.

You might want to contact Amazon's customer support to see if they have more information.

Jan 25, 2019 4:33 PM in response to IdrisSeabright

Me too I want to know. Amazon are very temptings with prime compared to apple music. Prime for 7.99$ a month offers videos and music plus shipping advantages plus it would work with alexa on my sonos one. The only problem is that i like to stream my own music but it's linked to itunes and i need apple music connected in order to have access to MY iTunes library. I don't even stream their unlimited music i'm always on my own playlist which costs me 10$ a month to have cloud access. Unless i download everything to my computer I'll have to pay apple to stream my own music from the cloud!! I already pay my extra gigs on icloud wtf!! Now for it to work with sonos you have to download or pay. 3 $ more than amazon and you don't even get shipping deals plus apple music can't connect with alexa at all so I think on switching, I had a family apple music account but I never order from apple as much as I do from amazon so the shopping Prime benefits start looking good too with videos on top.

Apple Music with Alexa

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.