Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Short Battery Life

My macbook (retina, 12 inch, early 2015) has a battery cycle count of 488 (maximum cycle count is meant to be 1000) and it is already displaying the service battery warning and the battery struggles to last more than a few hours. Is this normal? I don't think its fair to pay for a battery service when I haven't actually received the full potential of the battery in the first place.

Macbook (2015 or later)

Posted on Jan 14, 2019 5:33 PM

6 replies

Jan 18, 2019 2:28 PM in response to taylor_m98

I don't think it's fair I can't win one of the big lottery drawings. Now we both have unrealistic expectations.

You "received the full potential of the battery" the moment you unwrapped/unboxed your MacBook. What you did with that potential is on you, not Apple. The 1000 charge cycle count is not a guarantee - it is a benchmark of where Apple considers the full utility of the battery has been reached. If you acted in a manner that fell short of that benchmark it doesn't mean you were cheated, it means you probably didn't follow Apple's guidelines for Mac notebook batteries.

I am sorry life isn't "fair", and good luck with your issue.

Short Battery Life

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.