Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How long does it take for a dead Apple Watch to charge do I can turn it on? Not fully charged just charged enough for me to turn it on

I’m thinking of buying a used Apple Watch. They guy says it’s dead. I have a charger. I want to power it on to make sure it works. I want to know how long it would take to charge to be able to power it on?

Posted on Jan 14, 2019 6:46 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 16, 2019 1:45 PM

Good afternoon DeanSteven,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand you are considering purchasing a used Apple Watch. It should take about 30 minutes to get a good charge on the Apple Watch. However, if the seller states the Apple Watch is "dead," I would suggest requesting that it be fully charged before you look at it to confirm there is nothing wrong with the battery.

Make sure the seller has erased the Apple Watch and removed it from his Apple ID or it will be worthless to you.

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Apple Watch, or buy one from someone else

About Activation Lock on your Apple Watch

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 16, 2019 1:45 PM in response to DeanSteven

Good afternoon DeanSteven,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

I understand you are considering purchasing a used Apple Watch. It should take about 30 minutes to get a good charge on the Apple Watch. However, if the seller states the Apple Watch is "dead," I would suggest requesting that it be fully charged before you look at it to confirm there is nothing wrong with the battery.

Make sure the seller has erased the Apple Watch and removed it from his Apple ID or it will be worthless to you.

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your Apple Watch, or buy one from someone else

About Activation Lock on your Apple Watch

Take care.

How long does it take for a dead Apple Watch to charge do I can turn it on? Not fully charged just charged enough for me to turn it on

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.