Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Verification Required" prompt in App Store on iPhone

How to Fix “Verification Required” When Installing Free Apps on iPhone it keeps saying that I need to put in a card for a source of payment whenever I try to download any app. I don’t know we’re the payment is from and I don’t want to pay for it . is there a way to get this of my Apple ID

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 8

Posted on Jan 15, 2019 3:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2019 5:17 AM

free apps also ask for a payment method but no funds will be taken.

You can delete the card details once the first free app is installed. You can trust the App store if your phone is not jailbroken.

for folk moving from Android - most good Apple store apps cost a small amount. In return you get good security and no ads. Just my opinion

edit: as above there may be ways round it but eventually you will want decent apps.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 15, 2019 5:17 AM in response to amiya66

free apps also ask for a payment method but no funds will be taken.

You can delete the card details once the first free app is installed. You can trust the App store if your phone is not jailbroken.

for folk moving from Android - most good Apple store apps cost a small amount. In return you get good security and no ads. Just my opinion

edit: as above there may be ways round it but eventually you will want decent apps.

Jan 15, 2019 5:14 AM in response to amiya66

Credit Card not required for App Downloads

You can check what the outstanding bill or App Store purchase is that has an outstanding balance by doing the following:

1. Open the “Settings” app in iOS, then go to ‘iTunes & App Store’ and then select your Apple ID
  2. Choose “View Apple ID” to access the Account Settings page
  3. In the Account Settings section, go to “Purchase History” and scroll through the list to find any item with an outstanding balance – this is what must be paid before you can change your payment information
  4. Update your payment information as detailed below to stop the “Verification Required” error message on the iPhone or iPad
  5. In the Account Settings section, tap on “Payment Information”
  6. Under ‘Payment Method’, choose “None” – or, alternatively, update the payment method *
  7. Tap on “Done” when finished adjusting your settings
  8. Exit Settings, and return to the App Store of iOS where you are now able to freely download, install, and update apps without seeing any “Verification Required” message

"Verification Required" prompt in App Store on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.