Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to install wallet and to get the icon on the screen?

Hello,

as I know my iPadAir2, iOS 12.1.1 is able to be used with Apple-Pay. For that it's necessary to have the Wallet on the screen. But I can't find this icon. Restart of the iPad and resetting the screen is w/o any effect. Searching in the store or in my account within bought apps neither. In "Settings - Wallet & Apple Pay" I'm able to add a bank card w/o any problems.

Is there anybody out there who can tell me how to install wallet and to get the icon on the screen?

Thx in advance.

ervau

[Re-Titled by Host]

Posted on Jan 15, 2019 4:23 AM

4 replies

Jan 15, 2019 5:04 AM in response to MichelPM

Hi Michel,

thanks for your reply.

Maybe I made a mistake in thinking of using Apple Pay.

Under

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204506#ipad

I found:

What's next

After you add your cards to each of your devices, you can start using Apple Pay:

• To pay in stores, you need your iPhone or Apple Watch.5
  • To pay within apps, you need your iPhone, iPad, or Apple Watch.
  • To pay on the web in Safari,3 you need one of these:
    • Your Mac model with Touch ID 
    • Your Mac and your iPhone or Apple Watch
    • Your iPhone or iPad

So obviosly there's a difference of using iPhone/ iPad for paying.

Thanks again.

ervau

Jan 15, 2019 4:54 AM in response to ervau

I am not sure, but I have a Wallet app compatible iPad Pro.

Maybe Apple allows you to set up Wallet app and Apple Pay in iPad’s Settings so if you have an existing Apple Pay/Wallet setup on your iPhone/iPod Touch, purchases made from your iPad are linked to the Wallet app and Apple Pay account on your other iDevices.

When you setup Apple Pay on the iPad, you have to login to your Apple iCloud account, first, to link the Wallet/Apple Pay account info on from any other Apple Pay/Wallet compatible iDevices.

I have the same settings, but does not do much good without the Wallet app.

No Wallet app.

There has been no Wallet app for iPads since Apple introduced Apple Pay and the Wallet app.

It is what it is.

How to install wallet and to get the icon on the screen?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.