Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Siri or ShortCut Timestamps ?(!)

Is there any Shortcut or other mechanism to create a timestamp or datestamp which Siri might insert into any text document?

Apple Watch

Posted on Jan 15, 2019 9:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2019 6:31 PM

You can use the Shortcuts app to create a time stamp that will be copied to your clipboard. You will need to manually paste into the document. You can record a phrase so Siri can run the shortcut in the shortcut settings. You can change the date and time formats to meet your needs. As written below, this shortcut will display the date format as Jan 15, 2019 at 9:11pm when run.

Below is the shortcut I made:

I hope this can you what you were asking. PS. I was having a lot of trouble getting this to post, so if the images do not show up I will try to type the directions out.

-AJ

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 15, 2019 6:31 PM in response to pzjxd

You can use the Shortcuts app to create a time stamp that will be copied to your clipboard. You will need to manually paste into the document. You can record a phrase so Siri can run the shortcut in the shortcut settings. You can change the date and time formats to meet your needs. As written below, this shortcut will display the date format as Jan 15, 2019 at 9:11pm when run.

Below is the shortcut I made:

I hope this can you what you were asking. PS. I was having a lot of trouble getting this to post, so if the images do not show up I will try to type the directions out.

-AJ

Siri or ShortCut Timestamps ?(!)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.