Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Voicemail transcription

How do u turn off voicemail transcription? I’m not able to get any of my voicemails bc it won’t open nor will it let me listen to them.

iPhone 6s

Posted on Jan 15, 2019 1:17 PM

3 replies

Jan 15, 2019 1:25 PM in response to missie549

You cannot turn off transcription. However, it's unlikely that is the cause of your problem. Are you able to listen to your messages if you call into your voice mail directly? You should be able to do this by dialing your own phone number. What you do after that may depend on your carrier. For my carrier, you interrupt the greeting with the # and enter the passcode. I can also dial in using the short code *VM. However, contact your carrier for instructions (and a reset of your passcode if you've forgotten it).

I'd suggest you then clear out your voicemail. Once that's done, see how it works from the Phone app.

Voicemail transcription

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.