Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mic Audio Fades In and Out While Recording

Greetings.

Last night, while attempting to record some vocals, I came across a problem which I've never encountered before. At random, the audio (both through the monitor and the recorded audio) has, at random, started fading out, and back in. This is not a result of automation or me moving too far from the mic. I've also tried increasing and decreasing the buffer size, and nothing happened. Has anyone else encountered this problem? I'm fairly new to Logic so maybe I'm missing something entirely. How can I fix this problem?

Posted on Jan 15, 2019 1:31 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 15, 2019 3:16 PM

Hello.

I suggest to double check about the presence of any automation. Both track and region automation maybe present. Do you see faders moving in the mixer while recording?

By random, do you mean it doesn't happen at the same place while recording? Does it happen in a new fresh project?

Also give us more details about your setup. Like OS and Logic versions, your audio interface, any midi device connected, plugins...? This will help us to figure out what could be the problem.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 15, 2019 3:16 PM in response to AMiles34

Hello.

I suggest to double check about the presence of any automation. Both track and region automation maybe present. Do you see faders moving in the mixer while recording?

By random, do you mean it doesn't happen at the same place while recording? Does it happen in a new fresh project?

Also give us more details about your setup. Like OS and Logic versions, your audio interface, any midi device connected, plugins...? This will help us to figure out what could be the problem.

Mic Audio Fades In and Out While Recording

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.