Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

27" iMac screen flicker - new

I have a late 2015 27" iMac that has developed a serious screen flicker. It is most noticible when i am using a pointing device, mouse or magic pad. Or sometimes, even when I type the screen flickers to white and then comes back. I tried restarting. It did not resolve it. I would like to know if there is something I can do to fix it or if it needs to go the into the hospital. Thanks.

Posted on Jan 15, 2019 2:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 17, 2019 2:48 AM

You can try resetting the SMC How to reset the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac - Apple Support

and NVRAM Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

You can boot into safe mode to see if the issue persists Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support

You can try running Apple Diagnostics to see if it reports an issue How to use Apple Diagnostics on your Mac - Apple Support

Other than those steps you will probably need to take it on for service.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 17, 2019 2:48 AM in response to 128dpd

You can try resetting the SMC How to reset the System Management Controller (SMC) on your Mac - Apple Support

and NVRAM Reset NVRAM or PRAM on your Mac - Apple Support

You can boot into safe mode to see if the issue persists Use safe mode to isolate issues with your Mac - Apple Support

You can try running Apple Diagnostics to see if it reports an issue How to use Apple Diagnostics on your Mac - Apple Support

Other than those steps you will probably need to take it on for service.

27" iMac screen flicker - new

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.