Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ordering print copies of a title through iBooks

I was surprised to find no option to order a print copy of a title in iBooks. Searching for a reason, or even "can you", the answers are oblique or wander off into ebooks in general. I've finally inferred the answer is: not.

However this doesn't make a lot of sense for a major book retailer; because if you can't find a print copy option on iBooks a buyer is going to go to Amazon KDP where that option is directly before you. Other than that, there are retail distributors for print copies, most notably Ingram/Spark, which even Amazon print orders outside KDP are directly sent from the title's retail page in Amazon when that option is selected. Bing, no problem.

The only option I can find for the iBooks store might seem to be buy the ebook and then print your own PDF copy. For even a small book even once, on top of the ebook purchase, the expense of that would be absurd in itself, let alone you would probably break you home/office printer in the process.

Perhaps there is an obscure link for ordering a print book in the iBooks store and I just missed it, if so please advise.

Thanks,

John

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Jan 17, 2019 11:06 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Ordering print copies of a title through iBooks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.