Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod Stereo Pairing Drift Out of Sync

Step 1: Play music, stereo pairing works fine.

Step 2: Have a headache, wonder why.

Step 3: Realize that the music is actually out of sync.

Step 4: Ask Siri to pause, ask Siri to play.

Step 5: Music is back in sync.

Step 6: Repeat all of the above every 30 minutes.

Apple, please don't ask me to reset my HomePods as new. That seems to be your answer to everything these days.

Posted on Jan 17, 2019 6:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2019 10:48 AM

I’m a software engineer, but I buy Apple products because I don’t want to deal with any of the stuff you mentioned. I will go as far turning off and on my HomePods and breaking the stereo pair and setting it up again. I won’t spend a minute dealing with the IP Address stuff, I paid Apple big bucks so that I don’t have to that. I will sell the HomePods before I reset them as new. Apple’s solution to everything these days is to reset as new.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 19, 2019 10:48 AM in response to turingtest2

I’m a software engineer, but I buy Apple products because I don’t want to deal with any of the stuff you mentioned. I will go as far turning off and on my HomePods and breaking the stereo pair and setting it up again. I won’t spend a minute dealing with the IP Address stuff, I paid Apple big bucks so that I don’t have to that. I will sell the HomePods before I reset them as new. Apple’s solution to everything these days is to reset as new.

Jan 19, 2019 5:50 AM in response to yousefcloud

You could try breaking the stereo pair and setting it up again. Your devices may be more stable if you assign a fixed IP address to each of them. If you have a dual band router it may also help to turn off one of the radio bands so the devices don't try to hunt for a better signal, that might be a moment when a delay is introduced. Use Feedback - HomePod - Apple to let Apple know you're seeing/hearing this issue. Ideally you would break the pair, Reset both HomePods, pair them again, and test once more, so that you are able to confirm that resetting the HomePods hasn't eliminated the issue for you.

tt2

HomePod Stereo Pairing Drift Out of Sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.