Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

PowerMac 5200 Internal RGB cable

I have an old PowerMac 5200 with a logic board that is pretty much dead due to damaged RAM slots (among other issues). I'd like to use the monitor and chassis in a project, but I'm having trouble finding information on the internal connections to the monitor, other than that there's a video board on the back of the CRT and an analog board feeding RGB through an internal wire to the video board. Does anyone have any information on feeding an external video signal to the monitor? Or at least what each of the wires are so they could be modified?

Posted on Jan 18, 2019 3:38 PM

2 replies

Jan 21, 2019 6:23 PM in response to Raddatzjosh

For a working Power Macintosh 5200, an optional video connector kit (http://manuals.info.apple.com/Apple_Support_Area/Manuals/hardware/0309039AMPEGCDUD.PDF) was available, that would provide the computer with a video-out port for an external monitor (mirroring a picture displayed on the internal monitor). The connection was made to the logic board (pinouts could once be found in a developer note for the Power Macintosh 5200).

However, attempting to feed video signals from an external source to the built-in monitor is an entirely different matter. Work inside an all-in-one computer is or can be very dangerous because of high voltages. Modifications involving the built-in monitor would not be appropriate to discuss in a forum like this.

PowerMac 5200 Internal RGB cable

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.