Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Need my serial number back on my Mac Pro tower. It's been missing for several years. I had it rebuilt after a thunderstorm hit it. Apple I know has it but it's never been flashed back on the machine. No it's not on the box or the machine.

It's never bothered me since 90 percent of my Mac Pro Tower still can update and I can download new software. My computer was rebuilt a few years ago and the the serial number was never flashed back on

my computer so IM and FaceTime have never worked. I would just like to restore the number back on my machine. How can I find the number. No it is not on the box I don't have the receipt any more and it's not on the machine.

Posted on Jan 18, 2019 9:49 PM

2 replies

Jan 19, 2019 1:17 PM in response to Cspanwise

Not long ago (in dog years) you could look at online purchase history in Apple and see products along with their serial numbers. Some items appear in my products that are used in conjunction with iCloud and my AppleID online; even some second hand. And older co-use products could have retained serial numbers in associated product Apple software; I see this in some of mine.

This kind of information had been available from a sales/support sign-in page; possibly where you may also check in applecare, etc; but details have not been retained to the degree they once had.

Not sure when you bought this product or if you have looked for any residual information where it may/have appeared. Older purchased items long out of initial warranty and w/o applecare history have disappeared from my own history.

Any older notification of product purchases from Apple may have included an email, with serial or other number identifier. If you saved sales receipt or invoice, etc. Some products had the serial numbers on outside of case, (or inside on circuit board) along with model or sales numbers.

Sorry to not have an exact answer. You may have had some ability to restore the missing information if Apple service had been contacted sooner; not sure how long or where this kind of info may have been retained at a service facility. Perhaps an authorized service can replace the missing SN with another, to help restore lost functions.

Need my serial number back on my Mac Pro tower. It's been missing for several years. I had it rebuilt after a thunderstorm hit it. Apple I know has it but it's never been flashed back on the machine. No it's not on the box or the machine.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.