Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Account recovery

My granddaughter has forgotten Apple password. Her Apple ID is correct. We can not access her google mail account for Apple to reset the password. I cannot find a link to use account recovery. Any help be appreciated. Tried the I forgot and all that. Thank you

Posted on Jan 19, 2019 9:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2019 10:17 AM

The Recovery Process is an automated process and length of time it takes can vary a lot. Apple ID Support can only answer your questions. They can't intervene in or speed up the process. The article below has some suggestions to shorten the the time the process takes.

Apple ID - Recover your Apple ID with two-factor authentication account recovery

Similar questions

13 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 19, 2019 10:17 AM in response to kipper1234

The Recovery Process is an automated process and length of time it takes can vary a lot. Apple ID Support can only answer your questions. They can't intervene in or speed up the process. The article below has some suggestions to shorten the the time the process takes.

Apple ID - Recover your Apple ID with two-factor authentication account recovery

Jan 19, 2019 10:47 AM in response to kipper1234

Did you read the article I posted a link to?

If you're unsuccessful using any of these methods, go to appleid.apple.com and choose Forgot Apple ID or password. Provide as much information as you can, then start the account recovery waiting period. We know this delay is inconvenient, but it's important so that we can keep your account and information safe.

If necessary, there is a contact link.

Apple ID Support

Apple ID Support (2) 

Apple Support by e-mail or chat    Work through the screens to get a chat option.    

Apple Support using Twitter

Or fill out and submit this form.          The form is for iTunes, but it will get passed to the ID Support section.  

Jan 20, 2019 3:07 AM in response to Eric Root

Further to my posts yesterday, I have restored the I pad through I tunes erasing everything. However when it begins to set up again it has activation lock due to find my I pad being enabled on it. It still says the I pad is locked. How long will it stay locked for is it 24 hrs ? I think we now have the correct password to get in it once it is not disabled anymore. If it stays disabled will I need take it to Apple shop. Thank you

Account recovery

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.