Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i pair my wireless keyboard and mouse to my mac mini - (2014) with Mojave OS installed - during initial set up without a usb mouse or keyboard?

Got a Mac mini and it boots to the welcome screen but doesn't seem to recognize my wireless keyboard and mouse, even though I put the keyboard in pairing mode. This is preventing me from entering my Wi-Fi password, etc. to complete initial set up.

signed,

a newbie

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Jan 19, 2019 11:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2019 6:17 PM

Sometimes with non-Apple BT KB and mouse you need to use USB connected ones for setup.

What does concern me is that you do not get the window that says a KB is not connected.

You mouse also comes with a wifi dongle so the mouse can connect to the computer without bluetooth.

For setup you can use a PC keyboard.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/970299

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 19, 2019 6:17 PM in response to john_858

Sometimes with non-Apple BT KB and mouse you need to use USB connected ones for setup.

What does concern me is that you do not get the window that says a KB is not connected.

You mouse also comes with a wifi dongle so the mouse can connect to the computer without bluetooth.

For setup you can use a PC keyboard.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/970299

Jan 19, 2019 1:58 PM in response to lllaass

Thanks for your reply.

Keyboard: Logitech K380

Mouse: Logitech MX Anywhere 2S

No message on the screen from my Mac at all, just waits for me to enter my country, etc. Full disclosure, it's a used Mac mini MGEN2LL/A from 2014 with the Core i5 (2.6 GHz), 8GB of RAM, and 1 TB HDD, pretty basic Mac mini. But it had been completely wiped by the previous owner for a brand new set up.

how do i pair my wireless keyboard and mouse to my mac mini - (2014) with Mojave OS installed - during initial set up without a usb mouse or keyboard?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.