Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I can't sign into Messages or FaceTime.

Every thing works except messages and FaceTime. I am signed into iCloud on my iMac. I have been looking for solutions for a Long time and nothing has worked. I signed into messages and FaceTime with my Apple ID on the guest account and that worked. But on my iMac account it will not sign into them with my Apple ID. After trying to sign in it says "An error occurred during authentication." What should I do now?

iMac Line (2012 and Later)

Posted on Jan 19, 2019 3:54 PM

3 replies

Jan 19, 2019 8:48 PM in response to Eric Root

The problem with most of the solutions that I have tried including these ones were written before Mojave was released. Even ones that were written during Mojave were written very early on. I have tried everything, multiple times. I haven't seen anything written in the last few months. And many of those old ones speak of features and settings that have been removed. I don't understand why this is happening since everything else works.

I can't sign into Messages or FaceTime.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.