Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Face ID bug

I have iPhone XR and had my Face ID and my wife’s setup on the phone, the problem is everytime my twin brother holds the mobile it recognize him as me and the lock opens.

is there a solution to it or not?

iPhone XR

Posted on Jan 19, 2019 9:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2019 9:57 PM

Wow!

The probability that another person in the population could look at your iPhone or iPad Pro and unlock it using Face ID is approximately 1 in 1,000,000 with a single enrolled appearance.

The statistical probability is different for twins and siblings that look like you and among children under the age of 13, because their distinct facial features may not have fully developed.

Solution

If you're concerned about this, Apple recommends using a passcode to authenticate.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 19, 2019 9:57 PM in response to zalabya83

Wow!

The probability that another person in the population could look at your iPhone or iPad Pro and unlock it using Face ID is approximately 1 in 1,000,000 with a single enrolled appearance.

The statistical probability is different for twins and siblings that look like you and among children under the age of 13, because their distinct facial features may not have fully developed.

Solution

If you're concerned about this, Apple recommends using a passcode to authenticate.

Face ID bug

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.