Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos not deleting from iPhone SE

It’s not an iCloud problem so don’t bother with that. I delete a photo from my album (using the mass select feature) and it appears as if it has deleted, but the top of the screen still reads (#) Photo(s) Selected and when I close the app and re-open it, the photo, as if by magic, has reappeared. It could be worth noting that my storage is full but it’s been full for probably over a year with no consequences. Help?

iPhone SE

Posted on Jan 19, 2019 11:56 PM

2 replies

Jan 20, 2019 6:35 AM in response to RosiePasta

You wrote "mass select feature".

Can you delete photos, if you select just one photo or only a few at once? When I try to delete thousands of photos at once, Photos may not be able to empty the Recently Deleted albums and may crash. It is safer and easier to delete photos in small batches and to empty the Recently Deleted album at once, so it will not get too full.

And you mention " I delete a photo from my album". If you are browsing an album and want to delete photos, you have to make sure that you select to delete from your library and not just remove from the album. The "Remove from album" will not move the photo to the Recently Deleted album, but keep it in your Photos Library.

And, just to be sure - you cannot delete photos, that have been synced to your iPhone with iTunes. Only photosimported to your Photos Library can be deleted.

Photos not deleting from iPhone SE

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.