You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

📢 Newsroom Update

Apple introduces powerful new iPad mini built for Apple Intelligence. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Lines on screen of iPad Mini 3

Hi,

I have got a problem with the screen of my iPad Mini 3. There are thin, parallel lines on the right side of the screen. It started with an area of just a few mm into the screen, then it went to several cm. Two days ago it went up to covering half the screen and also showing the home screen above the app that was running, making half of the screen unreadable (but it reacted properly to touches).

The lines do not show on screenshots.

The weird thing: I had exactly the same problem on another iPad Mini 3. I made a new setup (back to factory settings), no change. Went to the Genius Bar in the nearest Apple Store, they said they had never seen that before. Then I bought a new device, my current iPad Mini 3. That was in spring 2018. It was fine for some months but in September it started to develop the same problem. It did not really fall down and it did not get wet etc.

I am getting a bit frustrated as this is the second one and I am not keen on buying a third one in less than a year. Is there anyone who has had the same problem?

Any help beyond "probably it fell down, go to the Apple Store and ask for help" would be greatly appreciated! I am living in a remote place and the nearest authorised dealer is about 1000 km away ...

iPad mini 3 Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Jan 20, 2019 4:45 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Jan 21, 2019 12:16 PM in response to Spitzbergen

Hello Spitzbergen,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

I understand that you are having an issue with a series of lines on the side of your display and that these lines are increasing in the area they cover. Based on the troubleshooting you have done and tried, it does appear the iPad needs service. I would recommend the following support link to provide you with options to set up service for the iPad. You can set up mail in repair for the iPad, so you would not need to carry it in to an Apple Store or AASP.

iPad Repair

Best regards.

Lines on screen of iPad Mini 3

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.