Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hi. My iPad says the APP STORE app needs to be updated, but when I click update, it takes me to the iTunes website with no download options

I need help! I can’t purchase new apps or update existing apps!

iPad Pro 9.7-inch WiFi

Posted on Jan 20, 2019 6:04 AM

1 reply

Jan 21, 2019 12:19 PM in response to Ashd615

Hi Ashd615,

Thanks for the post in Apple Support Communities. I understand you're running into an issue with the App Store on your iPad.

Can you provide the full text of the error you're receiving? This may help point to the best steps for you to take.

From the information in your post, it sounds possible that you need to update the iOS software on your iPad. Which iOS version are you running under Settings > General > About? If you tap Settings > General > Software Update, do you have any available here? If so, here's How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch and Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

On the other hand, if the error specifies that you need to update your billing information for the App Store, check out the information here: If your payment method is declined in the App Store or iTunes Store.

I hope this helps!

Take care.

Hi. My iPad says the APP STORE app needs to be updated, but when I click update, it takes me to the iTunes website with no download options

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.