Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wrong contacts on new MacBook Air

So, after setting up my new MacBook Air, I began to notice that when a text came through the contacts are all my son's, not mine. If I text back, it shows up as coming from me and he is not getting any of these texts on his phone. I need to know how to replace his contacts with mine. We've had issues before with him getting my texts to others but he is not getting the texts that come to my MacBook Air.

MacBook Air (2018 or later)

Posted on Jan 20, 2019 6:03 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 20, 2019 6:38 AM

Have you tried comparing which iCloud account your respective devices are using.

Make sure that your iCloud account is signed in on your MacBook Air.

It might be that you are signed in with your Son's iCloud account or perhaps he is signed into yours and using has been using it without realising?

Log out of iCloud and log back in with your credentials to see if this resolves it.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 20, 2019 6:38 AM in response to turtletime78

Have you tried comparing which iCloud account your respective devices are using.

Make sure that your iCloud account is signed in on your MacBook Air.

It might be that you are signed in with your Son's iCloud account or perhaps he is signed into yours and using has been using it without realising?

Log out of iCloud and log back in with your credentials to see if this resolves it.

Wrong contacts on new MacBook Air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.