Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why am I not able to complete a purchase on my son’s iPad?

I recently set up my son’s new iPad as a child account. I also set my daughter up the same way however we are being told on my son’s iPad that we can not complete purchases. It have set it up where he has to have any purchases approved by me. Again, this worked for my daughter but not my son. We tried removing the approval setting but we still could not get it to work. The error message states “your purchase could not be completed”. What else do you recommend that I try?

iPad Pro 9.7-inch WiFi

Posted on Jan 20, 2019 7:45 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2019 12:46 PM

Hi Roxbury5crew,

​Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities. I see you're running into a "purchase could not be completed" error.

Does the error mention anything about billing? You might double-check this to see if updating your payment method helps: If your payment method is declined in the App Store or iTunes Store.

If it doesn't resolve the issue, I recommend that you reach out to Apple directly to look into this on the billing side: iTunes Store.

I hope this helps you.

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 21, 2019 12:46 PM in response to Roxbury5crew

Hi Roxbury5crew,

​Thank you for using the Apple Support Communities. I see you're running into a "purchase could not be completed" error.

Does the error mention anything about billing? You might double-check this to see if updating your payment method helps: If your payment method is declined in the App Store or iTunes Store.

If it doesn't resolve the issue, I recommend that you reach out to Apple directly to look into this on the billing side: iTunes Store.

I hope this helps you.

Take care.

Why am I not able to complete a purchase on my son’s iPad?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.