Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Majic Mouse looses connection w/the Mini when it sleeps...

I'm using a new Mac mini and a magic keyboard & magic mouse. The mouse looses connection with the mini when it goes to sleep. It's new. Think its defective?

Mac mini 2018 or later

Posted on Jan 20, 2019 9:05 AM

8 replies

Jan 22, 2019 5:38 AM in response to jcp333

It is a royal pain in the ***, but I think it just takes awhile for the mouse, wired keyboard, and display to make connection to a just awakened mac mini. Plugging and unplugging do nothing. I think that the mini wakes up after awhile and things work. After playing with this for the last 10 days and trying various HDMI (new fast speed) cables for my monitor and unplugging and replugging the keyboard, I finally decided to just move and click the mouse, press some keys, touch the power button once or twice and voila, I have all items connected. It has nothing to do with the cables and all the garbage. It just needs to wake up. Ridiculous for an Apple product.

My Majic Mouse looses connection w/the Mini when it sleeps...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.