Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notes app for Apple Watch

Can Apple please develope a Notes Apple Watch App? I would use it almost daily. Especially for shopping list. It would be so much more convenient then having to have my iPone out at the store.

Posted on Jan 20, 2019 6:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 7, 2019 2:17 AM

ios Calendar app can be used for making notes of various types and syncs seamlessly with the Apple watch via phone or iPad as long as you have enabled this in iCloud settings. For example for shopping list: on phone/iPad add a calendar event for your regular shopping day/time. Add your shopping list to Notes for the event. You can tell iCalendar to repeat the event for as long as you like. Or for a note acting as a memo (eg telephone numbers, flight booking ref, hotel room number etc..) set an event for an empty timeslot on a day of your choice and add the memos in the Note section of the calendar event. The event can be dragged to a future date very easily in week view. To access the notes on your watch simply click on the day/date complication to see the events for the next week. Your notes will be visible for each event. Alerts and repeat alerts are easily set for all events.

With some imagination the Calendar app has many uses: Appointments, schedules, to do list. memos, data etc..

It is my goto app for all kinds of personal data and far more reliable than third party apps. (although a free app called Tiny Calendar syncs with ios Calendar and gives a 14 day view)

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 7, 2019 2:17 AM in response to Trulyrich16

ios Calendar app can be used for making notes of various types and syncs seamlessly with the Apple watch via phone or iPad as long as you have enabled this in iCloud settings. For example for shopping list: on phone/iPad add a calendar event for your regular shopping day/time. Add your shopping list to Notes for the event. You can tell iCalendar to repeat the event for as long as you like. Or for a note acting as a memo (eg telephone numbers, flight booking ref, hotel room number etc..) set an event for an empty timeslot on a day of your choice and add the memos in the Note section of the calendar event. The event can be dragged to a future date very easily in week view. To access the notes on your watch simply click on the day/date complication to see the events for the next week. Your notes will be visible for each event. Alerts and repeat alerts are easily set for all events.

With some imagination the Calendar app has many uses: Appointments, schedules, to do list. memos, data etc..

It is my goto app for all kinds of personal data and far more reliable than third party apps. (although a free app called Tiny Calendar syncs with ios Calendar and gives a 14 day view)

Notes app for Apple Watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.