Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photos.app Not in File Sharing App List in iTunes for iPad 2

Hi,

I'm kinda frustrated about Photos.app on the iPad 2. What is going on is, I have searched all over the internet for about a week now, trying to figure out how to bulk delete photos, from the Photos.app.

A. My first intention is to backup all my photos on Photos.app in iTunes.app on the Mac Mini. I thought I would add the Photos.app to this list, select all the photos in the Photos.app and then drag them directly to my 8 TB hard disk (HDD) to backup.

B. My second intention is to delete all the photos on the Photos.app in iTunes.app on the Mac Mini. I saw I was able to select all the photos in the Photos.app on iTunes.app on the Mac Mini, and drag them in or out. It works great if the app is in this list. But the Photos.app isn't in the list. How do I get it there?

I want to backup all the files from the Photos.app onto iTunes.app in File Sharing while iPad 2 is selected from the header to select the iPad 2 on the top left.

For whatever reason, Photos.app isn't in the File Sharing Apps list.

1. How do I add iPad 2 apps to this list?
  2. Do I have to turn on some settings on iPad 2 to allow them to be added to this File Sharing Apps list in iTunes?

I'm getting really frustrated with having to connect iPad 2 to Mac Mini to Photos.app and importing all the photos and video. I selected all of the photos on the iPad 2 through the Photos.app on Mac Mini in the Vera's iPad device list on the left of Photos.app, by selecting the first image, holding down shift, and scrolling down to the bottom, to click the last image, and by doing this selects all the images.

I have a total of 4,941 images on the iPad 2, that have imported, but some files couldn't be imported, and there was no reason why, or what extension the files were. There was no description if I wanted to save the files directly to the hard disk. Nothing. After the files that could be imported, and those that couldn't I only had 3,176 images on Photos.app Import folder of Photos.app on Mac Mini. Its really frustrating.

I want to be able to drag all of my files on the Photos.app on iPad 2 directly to the 8 TB hard drive. I want to be able to store all 4,941, no matter if they are damaged or what.

I also had the check box checked to delete all the files after they had been imported, but that didn't work. I still have 4,941 images in iPad 2 on the Photos.app.

I'm getting frustrated on the iPad 2, to go to Albums and have to delete individual albums one by one, to the Recently Deleted folder. Then going to the Recently Deleted folder on iPad 2 to empty the folder. I thought there would be a simpler way, but I cannot understand how to delete the files in bulk.

I also tried signing into iCloud, and importing all the photos from Photos.app to iCloud drive. We don't have enough space to do this as I only have 200 GB and the empty space is 7/8ths (0.875) full. The size of the space available on iPad 2, is 25.7 GB. Half of my iCloud drive for Family Sharing is 7/8ths (0.875) full.

I noticed some of the photos had imported to the Photos.app on Mac Mini, but not all of them.

We have really spotty internet that we share with another family next door.

We are getting our own internet mesh network on Tuesday, Jan, 22, 2019.

I just don't understand why its so hard to get photos on and off the iPad 2? It should be so easy to add Photos.app from iPad 2 to the File Sharing list on iTunes.app. But it's not.

I also have backed up the Mac Mini to TimeMachine.app to the 8 TB hard disk. I noticed the iPad 2 doesn't even have a TimeMachine.app on the device, which is strange.

I kind of feel like for whatever reason Apple doesn't want it to be easy. I just am not sure, but I am very tired of trying this or that, and it not working.

Does anyone have any other ideas that will be able to backup all 4,941 bulk photos, and then delete all 4,941 photos after the backup is finished?

Mac Mini OS

macOS High Sierra

Version 10.13.4

Mac Mini (Late 2014)

Mac mini7,1

998.98 GB HDD

iTunes.app on Mac Mini

Version 12.8.0.150

Photos.app on Mac Mini

Version 3.0 (3271.13.150)

iPad 2 Wi-Fi OS

1iOS Version 11.3 (15E216)

MGTY2LL/A

128 GB HDD

Photos.app on iPad

(Couldn't connect to the App Store Apps to see Photos.app , because of spotty internet signal. I tried 15 times.)

Sincerely,

Christopher

iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi

Posted on Jan 20, 2019 7:19 PM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

Photos.app Not in File Sharing App List in iTunes for iPad 2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.