Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I only use my Macbook Air at home - never in public wifi venues. I used to be able to access the UFYH tumblr account. But now I get Open DNS message

Hi, I'm really interested in everything to do with decluttering, better organisation of belongings, tidying up, housework, minimalism, etc. I am a big fan of the UFYH website/brand. UFYH is an acronym for Un F*** Your Habitat - which is just a humorous way of saying 'tidy up your living spaces'. I used to love visiting the UFYH Tumblr account, because people would post inspiring before and after pictures of tidying up their messy living spaces - so you would get a picture of a cluttered, untidy lounge, that felt quite claustrophobic, then the after picture would be a decluttered, spacious looking, cosy and relaxing living room. Then suddenly, when I tried to visit the UFYH Tumblr account I would get a web page saying:

Open DNS

This site is blocked due to content filtering.

I've tried to attach a screenshot below.

I've tried clicking the "Report an incorrect block" option, but it just says "we were unable to send your message". The Macbook Air was set up for my mum, but I'm the only one who uses it, and I only use it at home using our house wifi (John Lewis broadband). I do not use the laptop anywhere else. (I previously asked for advice on reddit, but everyone assumed I was using the laptop at college, or Starbucks, so the advice wasn't useful). Please could you advise me how to solve this problem so that I can access UFYH Tumblr account again. Also, I can still access the UFYH website - it's just the Tumblr account that I can't access. But it's the Tumblr account that has lots of cool before and after tidying up pictures!

Posted on Jan 21, 2019 1:49 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Jan 21, 2019 1:02 PM in response to Lizzzy80

I can't recall setting up an Open DNS account, but just in case I did and have just forgotten, I've been to the Open DNS website and typed in my email address and requested to rest my forgotten password. I haven't got a password reset email back from Open DNS though, which makes me think I haven't got an actual account with them.

• I went into System preferences> Network> DNS, and among the DNS servers I have 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220 listed, which are Open DNS servers.

I think possibly I entered these myself last year when I was following some instructions I found online for trying to get rid of pop up windows associated with MacKeeper malware - but my memory is hazy about doing this. I want to email Open DNS to enquire if I have an account with them, and if so, find out the details. The trouble is that Open DNS seem impossible to contact, unless it is through an account (which I'm not sure I even have, and if I do, I don't have the details of). So I'm stuck in a catch 22 situation.

Thank you for your help

I only use my Macbook Air at home - never in public wifi venues. I used to be able to access the UFYH tumblr account. But now I get Open DNS message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.