Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MS Office programs aren't working correctly in Mojave. Any fixes?

Since upgrading to Mojave, I have the following problems using MS Office apps:

1) A border design for certificates I print is now just a solid black line. The screen view is correct. I can print correctly from a computer that doesn't have Mojave.

2) When printing slides from Powerpoint I get a "shadow" image in the background of the slides. Again, this doesn't happen when printing from a non-Mojave Mac.

Any fixes for these?

Thank you!

Peggy

Posted on Jan 21, 2019 11:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 22, 2019 1:30 AM

AFAICT, there is something that got corrupted in that Powerpoint document you posted.

Here is what I tried (running 10.14.2 Mojave):

1) Opened in Powerpoint on my, exported to pdf - same problem you had

2) Opened in Keynote, exported to pdf - same problem

3) Made a new Powerpoint document, copied and pasted the elements from your document - no problem!

Similar questions

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 22, 2019 1:30 AM in response to SoundTesting

AFAICT, there is something that got corrupted in that Powerpoint document you posted.

Here is what I tried (running 10.14.2 Mojave):

1) Opened in Powerpoint on my, exported to pdf - same problem you had

2) Opened in Keynote, exported to pdf - same problem

3) Made a new Powerpoint document, copied and pasted the elements from your document - no problem!

Jan 21, 2019 11:23 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

We have Office 365, so the most recent version is on all computers, with or without Mojave. Currently Word is 16.21.

I don't have any problems with the programs except these funny printing issues. The only difference between computers is Mojave.

Again, everything looks fine, on the screen and on print preview. It is the printed copy that has these hiccups.

Jan 21, 2019 12:09 PM in response to Luis Sequeira1

Nice idea! I tried that and it worked for Word, but not Powerpoint.

But here's a new wrinkle! When I did a "save as" in Word to create a document for Dropbox, it "updated the format". New format prints just fine! Accidental fix! I did a second test and all good! Thank you!

Not so for the Powerpoint file. I've created a Powerpoint file and the resulting PDF so you can see what I'm seeing. This is a template for photo ID cards so the "shadow" is not acceptable. Dropbox link: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/u8f3mmo5dmb6980/AABBh_wtkNfgo4HVoeeenDWOa?dl=0

This is the same file used on 2 different computers.

Jan 22, 2019 8:50 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

Luis,

Thanks for putting so much work into this!

I followed your suggestion, copying one element at a time, and I now have a clean document! Copying all elements (Command-A) also copied whatever the shadow image is.

The mystery remains: My document is stored in Dropbox so it is exactly the same document that printed fine on another Mac and on a PC, but didn't print correctly from my computer. I assumed Mojave because that is the only difference between the Macs that I know of.

Thank you again! This forum is really kind and generous!

Peggy

MS Office programs aren't working correctly in Mojave. Any fixes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.