Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My headphone broke into my headphone jack...

How much would it be to fix this if I took it the the Apple store without a warranty.

iPad Pro 11-inch Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Jan 21, 2019 11:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 21, 2019 1:55 PM

I would recommend against trying to do this yourself. You' could just make it worse.

My experience has been that, even if your device is out of warranty, if it's something that can be fixed relatively quickly without new parts, the folks at the Genius Bar will do what they can to help. I had a MacBook Air about 5 years out of warranty when the touchpad stopped working properly. I took it in for evaluation. The person who helped me said that it could well be just a set screw. He took it into the back, returned in about 10 minutes and it was working perfectly. It had been just that small adjustment. They didn't charge me.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 21, 2019 1:55 PM in response to rebekah.icloud

I would recommend against trying to do this yourself. You' could just make it worse.

My experience has been that, even if your device is out of warranty, if it's something that can be fixed relatively quickly without new parts, the folks at the Genius Bar will do what they can to help. I had a MacBook Air about 5 years out of warranty when the touchpad stopped working properly. I took it in for evaluation. The person who helped me said that it could well be just a set screw. He took it into the back, returned in about 10 minutes and it was working perfectly. It had been just that small adjustment. They didn't charge me.

My headphone broke into my headphone jack...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.